Recovery of energy from waste
FCC Environment views the recovery of energy from waste as a strategic activity, since it will have a huge impact on the goal of reducing the deposits of non-recyclable material in sanitary landfills to 10% before 2035.
Currently, FCC Environment has 11 Energy recovery projects in progress, with a joint capacity of 3.2 million tons per year and the production of 360 MWe of electricity.
In the United Kingdom:
- Eastcroft (Nottingham)
- Greatmoor (Buckinghamshire)
- Mercia EnviRecover (Hereford and Worcestershire)
- Allington (Kent)
- North Hykeham (Lincolnshire)
- Millerhill (Edimburgo y Midlothian)
- Lostock (permitted and licensed, under development)
- Zistersdorf (near Vienna)
- Zabalgarbi (Biscay)
- TIRME I and TIRME II (Majorca)