VEMTESU (Development of Highly-Efficient Electric Traction Vehicular, Modular and Self-supporting Platforms for Urban Services)
The project was completed in 2018 and has resulted in the development of the first affordable and versatile e-mobility industrial platform for Urban Service vehicles, successfully achieving the objectives set at the beginning. At the Smart City Expo World Congress the platform was presented and the first vehicle developed on it exhibited which had a significant impact in the media.
- Zero emissions in the urban area with the same service and performance as the current vehicles equipped with a heat engine.
- Minimum emissions in transport with power generation at the same time as movement, even with a gas heat engine and only for power generation
- Noise emissions at the lowest technically possible limit, with special importance on starts, braking and in the use of bodywork
- Functionality equal to or better than the conventional vehicle in any of its urban applications: greater accel- eration, better braking, automatic control and electronic regulation
- Through the low cabin, facilitate and improve frequent access to the cabin by operators. Currently, they must descend from a very high level and accidents are frequent
- Increase the driver’s visibility by increasing the glazing surface area.
- Full integration of the body and cabin assembly exterior shapes; important aesthetic and aerodynamic improvement.
- Very significant improvement in the maintenance and accessibility of components for maintenance activities in workshops due to the modular design of the components and their integration into the new vehicle. Reduced maintenance costs.
- Durability and recyclability of components: The lifespan is extended and the vehicles can be recycled, supporting the transformation to the circular economy model.
- Integration into the cabin of the general control for the equipment and the bodywork
- Maximising efficient energy use: the first vehicle developed with this platform uses 50% less energy than a conventional vehicle with the same performance